- Eight (8) CTGs, GE (PG 9171E) dual fired Gas Turbine Generator equipment package with all required Balance of Plant systems.
- The plant uses heavy fuel oil (Mazout) as the main fuel and light fuel oil (Solar) as the secondary fuel.
- Power generated is stepped up through main transformers and fed to the utility 220 kV grid, via a Gas-Insulated Switchgear (GIS) switchyard.
- The plant uses ground water as its water source.
Major plant commodities/systems:
- Power Block (Gas Turbine, Generator and Auxiliaries)
- Balance of Plant (Transformers, Switchgears, Diesel Generator, Auxiliaries, Boiler, DCS and Balance of Mechanical / Electrical systems)
- 220 kV GIS
- Heavy Fuel Oil Treatment Plant
- Fuel Tank Farm
- Water Treatment Plant
|Owner||Upper Egypt Electricity Production Company|
|Client||Orascom Construction (partner to GE in the EPC consortium)|
|Date of Award||December 2014|
|Contractual Duration||9 months|
|Scope||Detailed Design of all Balance of Plant Systems, Civil Designs, Procurement Support, Construction Management and Startup|